How to Avoid A Violation
Storage of Inoperable Vehicle (City Code 86-54)
- Store any vehicle that cannot be immediately started and legally driven on a public street inside a storage building, garage, carport, or side or rear yard – not in front yards or driveways unless fully screened by a fence, wall, or evergreen hedge.
- No more than one properly screened inoperable vehicle is allowed on any parcel designated as residential or located within the Historic District.
Illegal Parking of Commercial Vehicles (City Code 86-82)
- Store your commercial vehicle inside a carport, enclosed garage, or side or rear yard.
- There shall be no more than two commercial vehicles on any residential parcel.
- In the Historic District, commercial vehicles, boats, campers, and trailers shall only be parked in rear yards and shall be screened by an eight-foot-high opaque fence.
Illegal Parking of Boats, Trailers, and RVs (City Code 86-83)
- Store your boat, trailer, or RV in carports, or side and rear yards behind the front line of the house or actual side corner lot building line.
- In the Historic District, boats, campers, and trailers shall only be parked in rear yards and shall be screened by an eight-foot-high opaque fence.
High Grass & Weeds (City Code 38-141)
- Regularly mow and maintain your grass and weeds below 10 inches.
Outdoor Storage (City Code 18-221)
- Store items including lawn equipment, outdoor furniture, etc. in the side or rear yards or carports.
Trash & Debris (City Code 38-121)
- All debris and trash, including lawn debris, must be either placed in trash cans or cut into three-foot sections and bundled at the curb for pickup on the appropriate day.
- Garbage cans may only be placed at the roadway 12 hours prior to pickup and must be removed from the roadway 12 hours after pickup.
- Yard waste pickup is on Wednesdays only.