"Open for Business" in the City of Longwood
The City of Longwood's Mayor and Commissioners have adopted a proactive attitude, dedicated to creating an environment that is not only business-friendly but also has a focus upon making Longwood a place that attracts new businesses and grows our existing businesses through the provision of quality development, A-rated schools, ample parks, and safe neighborhoods.
As a key function of local economic growth, the Economic Development Division of the Community Development Department serves as the liaison for Longwood companies as well as coordinating the recruitment of new and retention of existing businesses. In addition, its duties include:
- Assisting business prospects
- Managing the City’s business incentive program
- Encouraging development and redevelopment of the industrial and commercial districts for increased economic vitality
- Marketing and promotion of the City
- Representing the City as a member of the Orlando EDC and Seminole Chamber of Commerce