The City of Longwood's Mayor and Commissioners have adopted a proactive attitude, dedicated to creating an environment that is not only business friendly but also has a focus upon making Longwood a place that attracts new businesses and grows our existing businesses through the provision of quality development, A-rated schools, ample parks and safe neighborhoods.
As a key function of local economic growth, the Economic Development Division of the Community Development Department serves as the liaison for Longwood companies as well as coordinating the recruitment of new and retention of existing businesses. In addition, its duties include:
• Assisting business prospects
• Managing the City’s business incentive program
• Encouraging development and redevelopment of the industrial and commercial districts for increased economic vitality
• Marketing and promotion of the City
• Representing the City as a member of the Orlando EDC and Seminole Chamber of Commerce
A new crop of customers who previously commuted to the city but now work from home is growing existing suburban companies and producing new business openings. This is a long-term trend that economic developer can engage to maximize local benefits. Read on...
Available Properties and Community Data
The GIS WebTech portal is an easy-to-use resource to identify available properties and provide demographic and economic data to help you locate your business in Longwood.
Click here to use the GIS WebTech portal to find available properties in the City of Longwood.