Business Tax Receipts

Business Tax Receipts

To operate a business in the City of Longwood, you are required to apply for and obtain a local business tax receipt. Whether your business operates in a commercial location or is home-based, a business tax receipt license is required pursuant to both state and local laws. Staff is available to assist you with your local business tax receipt inquiries including, but not limited to, business classification, estimated license fees, how to apply for a local business tax receipt license, and other State or County licensing/certification requirements you may need prior to obtaining your license. To learn more about Business Tax Receipts or to acquire the necessary forms, contact Economic Development Coordinator Kevin Cyman at (407) 260-3442.

The local business tax receipt is issued by the Community Development Department. This is a tax for the privilege of engaging in business, trade, or occupation within our City. Requirements and fees for obtaining a local business tax receipt vary. If your business requires State licensing, please provide a copy of this license when obtaining your business tax receipt in Longwood. Additionally, the City is able to issue a Seminole County business tax receipt.

You can access the application form for the Business Tax Receipt here. This form may be filled out online and emailed to the Community Development Coordinator or filled out and printed for hand delivery. The department will reply with any fees and additional instructions.

Any complaints concerning business practices, however, should be addressed, if they are licensed by the state, to the board that regulates them. For all other businesses please contact the Better Business Bureau at 407-621-3300.

Home Occupation Regulations & Handyman Notice

If your business is located within your home, please read and submit a signed copy of the Home Occupation Regulations (PDF). If you are a handyman, please read and submit the Handyman Notice (PDF) with your application. You may acquire these forms at the Community Development Building located at 174 West Church Ave. or contact Kevin Cyman, Economic Development Coordinator, at 407-260-3442 or email