Business Services & Taxes

Firework Peddlers

The City of Longwood is accepting Firework Peddler applications for the 2016-2017 Business Tax receipt July 1, 2016 between 8 a.m. and 11:30 am. No loitering or camping is allowed. You may pick up the Fireworks Peddler 2016-2017 application in person at 155 W Warren Avenue, Longwood, FL 32750, or download an application by clicking here. The Firework office procedures are available in our office or view a copy (PDF).

Business Tax Receipts

To operate a business in the City of Longwood, you are required to apply for and obtain a local business tax receipt license (PDF). Whether your business operates in a commercial location or is home-based, a business tax receipt license is required pursuant to both State and local laws. Staff is available to assist you with your local business tax receipt inquiries including, but not limited to, business classification, estimated license fees, how to apply for a local business tax receipt license, and other State or County licensing/certification requirements you may need prior to obtaining your license. To learn more about Business Tax Receipts, contact Financial Services at 407-260-3442.

The local business tax receipt is issued by Financial Services. This is a tax for the privilege of engaging in business, trade, or occupation within our City. Requirements and fees for obtaining a local business tax receipt vary. If your business requires State licensing, please provide a copy of this license when obtaining your business tax receipt in Longwood. Additionally, the City is able to issue a county business tax receipt.

Any complaints concerning business practices, however, should be addressed, if they are licensed by the state, to the board that regulates them. For all other businesses please contact the Better Business Bureau at 407-621-3300.


To apply for a local business tax receipt visit the Financial Services Department, located at 155 W Warren Avenue.  Download the application for the local business tax receipt (PDF) (both home and commercial). Please mail or hand deliver your application. At this time we do not accept electronic transmission of the application. We accept checks, cash, or money orders for payment.  If your business is located in a commercial location, please complete the night responder form which is given to public safety so they can contact you after hours if needed.  You may contact us with any questions concerning your business at 407-260-3442.

Home Occupation Regulations & Handyman Notice

If your business is located within your home, please read and submit a signed copy of the Home Occupation Regulations (PDF). If you are a handyman, please read and submit the Handyman Notice (PDF) with your application. Download the application for the local business tax receipt (PDF) (both home and commercial).