Rules & Regulations
Thank you for your participation in the Longwood Citizens On Patrol’s Christmas parade. We are very grateful to the City of Longwood for allowing us to hold such a wonderful community-oriented event in the city. As such, there are some rules that Longwood Citizens On Patrol has developed for the safety of our parade participants and parade observers.
- Parade time and registration: The parade begins promptly at 3 p.m. on the 1st Saturday in December. The parade will occur rain or shine. There is no rain date for this parade, so please come prepared. Participant check-in will be from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. on North Ronald Reagan Boulevard at Longwood Hills Road. All parade participants must be checked in by 2 p.m. where they will be assigned a line-up number and designated staging location.
- Motor vehicle participation requirements: Must possess current motor vehicle insurance required by the state of Florida, current vehicle registration, and motor vehicle driver must possess valid driver’s license.
- Parade decorum: For safety reasons, parade participants are not permitted to throw items at observers. Items may be handed to observers along the parade route by participants who are walking in the parade. No exceptions! No confetti is to be used. No nudity is allowed. No obscenities, either written or verbal, are permitted.
- Parking: Legal street parking is permitted anywhere other than within the parade route. The Sunrail parking lots located near Sunrail Station may be utilized. Parking is on a first-come, first-served basis. Parking in private parking lots without the expressed permission of the owner or affiliated business merchant is strictly prohibited. Any special parking needs must be brought to the attention of parade organizers.
- Alcoholic beverages: For safety reasons, no alcoholic beverages are allowed to be consumed at any time during the parade. Any participant believed to be under the influence of any intoxicating or impairing substance will not be allowed to participate in the parade.
- Directives: Participants shall at all times obey instructions and directives from law enforcement and parade organizers and comply with any future reasonable rules and regulations as may be adopted.