Permitting and Inspections
No Payments Accepted Friday, September 29th
The City of Longwood Building, Planning/Zoning and Economic Development Divisions will be unable to take payments - including online payments through SmartGov - starting September 29, 2023 at 12:00am. This is due to the end of fiscal year processing that must be completed by our Financial Services Department.
Fees will be payable online starting October 1, 2023 at 12:00 a.m., and in-office on Monday, October 2nd at 8:00 a.m.
We apologize for any inconvenience.
REEP and Water Conservation Rebate Programs End Friday, September 29th
The City's "Raising Energy Efficiency Program" (REEP) and Water Conservation rebate program will be discontinued at 4:30 PM on Friday, September 29th. Qualifying rebates for work fully completed prior to the end of the day on September 29th will be processed as usual. To receive an application for one of the programs, e-mail email@example.com.
Welcome to the Longwood Building Division
Thank you for taking the time to visit our site and allowing us to assist you with your project. As the Building Division, we are committed to providing you with the tools and assistance you and your team need in order to help get your project moving. The Building Division is responsible for taking in permit applications, administering the permit review process, issuing permits, performing inspections, and issuing certificates of occupancy.
Our permitting and inspection process is now fully capable to meet the needs of the digital era. You will find this process to be a time-saver that will allow you and your team to submit for permitting, schedule inspections, pay applicable fees, print permit cards, and print out a completed Certificate of Occupancy at your convenience from your home or office.
This portal will allow for the submittal of all permit application types, and also includes the ability to submit business tax receipt applications. This program provides a much more robust, and interactive permit/application submittal process.
Learn how to apply through our Online Permitting Tutorial.
- Building Permit Application (PDF)
- Change of Use or Occupancy Application (PDF)
- Demolition Permit Application (PDF)
- Electrical Permit Application (PDF)
- Fence Permit application (PDF)
- Fire Alarm Permit Application (PDF)
- Fire Supression Permit Application (PDF)
- Fuel Gas Permit Application (PDF)
- Grading Permit application (PDF)
- Mechanical Permit application (PDF)
- Plumbing Permit application (PDF)
- Pool, Spa, Hot Tubs Permit Application (PDF)
- Roof Permit Application (PDF)
- Site Building Permit Application (PDF)
- Tent Permit Application (PDF)
- Additional Information or Revision form (PDF)
- Change of Contractor form (PDF)
- Demo permit service disconnect form (PDF)
- Early Start Authorization Form (PDF)
- Emergency Electrical Work Authorization Request Form (PDF)
- Impervious calculation form (PDF)
- Limited Power of Attorney (PDF)
- Mechanical Equipment Documentation Requirements (PDF)
- Owner Builder Disclosure Statement Form (PDF)
- Photovoltaic permit information (PDF)
- Pool Barrier Requirement List (PDF)
- Private provider fee owner sign off (PDF)
- Private Provider request form (PDF)
- Product Approval Information (PDF)
- Request for after hours inspection (PDF)
- Re-roof affidavit (PDF)
- WIndow and Door Affidavit (PDF)
- 2020 FBC Londwood Administrative Amendments (PDF)
- Approved Dumpster Vendors (PDF)
- Building Permit and Utilization Report.docx FY22 (PDF)
- Digital Permitting and Plans Submittal (PDF)
- Ordinance 20-2187 Vibratory Compaction (PDF)
- Permit Fee Schedule ADA compliant Affective Feb 16, 2021 (PDF)
- Restripe, Resurface Permit Requirements (PDF)