Until further notice, our office will be closed to the public. The following measure are being put in place to protect our customers, and city staff.
As we continue to deal with the COVID-19 pandemic, we are working to protect the general public, and our staff from inadvertent contamination's. As part of these changes we are moving to a complete digital permitting process. We ask that you submit all permitting packages, including all site plans via our online permitting portal.
You can visit the building division web-page by going to LongwoodFl.org/169/Building-Division, and click on the Online permitting system link. You will be directed to our CPSS permitting site. Once there follow these directions:
- Click on the tab labeled: “Request Login”
- Fill out the information requested. Please make sure to complete all lines.
- Once you have completed this informational request then click, “Submit”
- At that point, an email will be sent to the building division alerting us. We will create an account for you, and send you an email with your user name, and temporary password.
- Once you receive the email, you may then login to your account by entering the provided username and temporary password into the appropriate boxes on the CPSS site.
- Once you have logged in, you will be prompted to reset your password. Please make sure to make note of your new password.
Once you have completed this process you will be able to submit for permitting through the CPSS, online permitting system. You will also be able to make payments, check plans review statuses, schedule inspections, and check inspection results.
If you have any issues with registering please contact our office at (407)260-3464 or (407)260-3463, and our permit specialist will assist you.
If you still wish to submit in hard copy form, we have placed a permit drop box at our front office door. Please place the complete package, secured together in the drop box. This box will be checked each day. Please understand that the time frame for processing hard copy forms will be delay so we can properly disinfect the packages prior to handling.
As for payments, we are requesting that all customers utilize a credit card for payment. We can process your credit card payment over the phone, or if you register on our Online permitting system it can be processed there. If you still wish to submit payment via cash or check, we will be installing a drop slot in our front office door for receiving these payments. Please keep in mind that if you wish to submit cash or check payment you will need to place the payment in a sealed envelope and write the applicable permit number and address on the front of the envelope. We will not be responsible for taking cash or check payments that are not properly sealed in an envelope, and not properly labeled with the permit number and address
We will still be providing inspection services as normal, but if you wish to delay your inspection please contact our office and request that your inspection be canceled. Our inspectors will be utilizing proper PPE, and sanitizing equipment between inspections. They will also be asking, each occupied structures occupants whether any persons have been sick, or if they wish to re-schedule their applicable inspections. If you wish to re-scheduled your inspeciton(s), please contact the inspection request line to schedule when you deem safe.
We will be updating our website, and online permitting system daily to keep you informed of any further changes.
As we understand that this will cause some short term confusion, we are working diligently to adjust our internal procedures so as not to add any unnecessary time or stress to the permitting process.
Thank you for taking the time to visit our site and allowing us to assist you in your project. As the building division we are committed in providing you with the tools and assistance you and your team needs in order to help in a timely completion of your projects. The building division is responsible for taking in permit applications, administering the permit review process, issuing permits, performing inspections and issuing certificates of occupancy. We have been working on converting our permitting and inspection process over to the digital era. You will find this process to be a time saver and allow you and your team to submit for permitting, schedule inspections, pay applicable fees, print permit cards, and print out completed certificate of occupancy's at your convenience.
Please take the time to click on the link below and register with the City of Longwood.
Phil Kersey, CBO
City of Longwood, Building Official
**NOTE: Effective February 17, 2020, changes to permit fees, re-inspection fees, and miscellaneous fees will take effect.
Please click the link below to access the City's online permitting system.
City of Longwood Online Permitting System
If you own a business in the city of Longwood, please fill out the embedded survey in order for us to be able to communicate accurate information to our Economic Development Organizations and assistance groups.
Due to the widespread impacts of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and small businesses’ need for emergency capital, the application process for the Florida Small Business Emergency Bridge Loan program has changed.
Visit our Business Spotlight above and learn more about Blessed Bean Coffee, a growing Longwood business.
- Roof Permit Application
- Mechanical Permit application
- Fuel Gas Permit Application
- Fence Permit application
- Electrical Permit application
- Building Permit application
- Pool, Spa, Hot Tubs Permit Application
- Fire Alarm Permit Application
- Fire Supression Permit Application
- Demolition Permit application
- Grading Permit application
- Change of Use or Occupancy Application
- WIndow and Door Affidavit
- Re-roof affidavit
- Request for after hours inspection
- Product Approval Information
- Private Provider request form
- Private provider fee owner sign off
- Pool barreir requirement list
- Photovoltaic permit information
- Owner Builder Disclosure Statement Form
- Limited Power of Attorney
- Impervious calculation form
- Early Start Authorization Form
- Demo permit service disconnect form
- Change of Contractor form
- Additional Information or Revision form