The City of Longwood employs approximately 150 people in numerous different positions throughout the City’s departments. The widely diverse workforce performs functions ranging from City Administrator to part time park attendant – everything needed to run a city.
Employees find working for the City of Longwood both challenging and rewarding. Depending upon the position, employees may enjoy benefits including health, dental, AFLAC, life and disability insurance, legal services, sick and vacation pay, attractive pension/retirement benefits and more.
The City’s Human Resources division coordinates all employment-related matters for the City. It is the starting point of any career with the City. All job applicants go through the Human Resources division as part of the employment process.
You may contact our office Monday-Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM at 407-260-3481.
How To Apply
With a job opening, formal applications and Veteran's Preference Form are necessary of all applicants. Some positions may require additional materials, resumes, etc. Background testing is conducted on all successful applicants prior to employment.
Police applicants are submitted for testing prior to application.
The City of Longwood is a drug free workplace.
The City of Longwood participates in E-verify.
Submitting Your Application:
- Sign your application once you have printed and prior to submitting for consideration.
- Scan and e-mail your completed application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax your application to: 407-260-3469
- Drop your application off in person at City Hall located at 175 West Warren Avenue, Longwood, FL 32750 Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Mail your application to: Lee Ricci, Human Resources/Risk Management Director, City of Longwood, 175 West Warren Avenue, Longwood, FL 32750
- An application must be submitted for EACH position for which you are applying. Resumes only are not considered.
Summer Camp Director - SEASONAL/TEMPORARY
Summer Camp Counselor - SEASONAL/TEMPORARY
Park Service Specialist - Full Time
Park Service Specialist - Part Time
Police Officer Employment Entrance Examination
Maintenance Specialist I
Utilities Maintenance Specialist I
Plans Examiner - Part Time
The provisions of section 112.665(1)(e), Florida Statutes, require that all Florida local government units that sponsor a defined benefit retirement plan(s) and maintain a website must provide a link to the Department of Management Services’ website at the following URL:
Actuarial Summary Fact Sheets