"Open for Business" in the City of Longwood
| Business News
| Moratorium of City Impact Fees
Economic Development Manager
Community Development Services
174 W. Church Ave.
Longwood, FL 32750
With the efforts and support of Mayor Maingot and the Longwood City Commission; City Manager Jon Williams and Sheryl Bower, Director of Community Development, have adopted a proactive attitude dedicated to creating a business friendly environment.
Besides the the low cost of doing business in Longwood and the transportation advantages in reaching the Greater Orlando area and the two coasts, the regional cooperation in economic development that has made the Orlando MSA famous has now placed it first in job growth in the United States. With 40,000 new jobs created thus far in 2014 with an average wage of $56,000; the greater Orlando area has become an economic engine for Florida and the Country.
As a key function of local economic growth; the Economic Development Department, a function of the Community Development Department, serves as the liaison for Longwood companies as well as coordinating the recruitment of new and retention of existing businesses. In addition its duties include:
- Assisting business prospects.
- Managing the City’s business incentive program.
- Encourage development and redevelopment of the industrial and commercial districts within the City of Longwood for increased economic vitality.
- Marketing and promotion of the City.
- Represent the City as a member of the Orlando EDC and Seminole Chamber of Commerce.
For the most recent Economic Development News (click here) and for Groundbreaking and Ribbon Cuttings (click here)